Kindersley Glass 2010 Ltd is looking for experienced carpenters who are able to work on residential windows, doors, siding, soffit, fascia etc. in Kindersley, SK. They offer a wide range of commercial, residential and automotive glass installation services. This busy shop is looking for dedicated glaziers / carpenters to join their talented team. Successful applicants will be eligible for group health benefits including extended health, dental, disability, vision care and critical illness. If you have any related experience as a glazier, and the following skills, apply today!
We are looking to hire skilled Carpenters with knowledge of various carpentry techniques. You will be responsible for layout, installation, repairing, finishing, and maintaining various structures, fixtures, and buildings. Other duties will include designing, cutting, and measuring materials according to a client’s requirements.
A successful applicant should be hardworking, reliable, and have good communication and organizational skills. You must have completed an apprenticeship in carpentry or have equivalent experience in the field.
Employer Name: Kindersley Glass 2010 Ltd. Wage/Salary Info: $25 – $35/hour depending on experience Location: KINDERSLEY Employment Terms: Full Time Length of Employment: Permanent Education: Grade 12 Experience: 3-5 Years Application Closing Date: 30-Dec-2020
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Assisting supervisors with structural design, planning, layout, and installation.
- Conduct repair work and installation of doors, windows, drywall, cabinets, stairs, and other fixtures as required.
- Ability to assess the quality of woodwork and materials.
- Ability to operate tools, machines, and other equipment.
- Compliance with local building codes, and health and safety regulations.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods, climb, pull, and lift heavy objects.
- High School diploma.
- Completion of a recognized apprenticeship or a minimum of four years’ experience as a journey-
- level carpenter.
- Additional certification may be required.
- Good communication skills.
- Physically fit with good hand-eye coordination.
- Knowledge of mathematics.
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
– Driver’s License
– Work at heights on scaffolding
– Repair glass doors and other glass structures
– Position and secure panes in frame
– Measure, mark and cut glass
– Install door, window and other hardware
– Determine type of glass, frames and material required
– Assemble and install prefabricated glass, mirrors or glass products
– Assemble, erect and dismantle scaffolding, rigging and hoisting equipment
Glass Cutting Equipment and Techniques
– Tint glass
– Temper glass
– Laminate glass
– Edge glass plates
– Cut glass plate free-hand (curved cuts)
– Cut glass plate manually (straight cuts)
– Circular cutters
Types of Glass / Materials
– Acrylic plexiglass
– Sealed units
– Float glass
Type of Establishment/Work Setting Experience
– Retail service and repair firm
Types of Glass Drilling Bits
– Carbide and diamond bits
– Vehicle windows, windshields and sunroofs
– Suspended glazing systems
– Sports installations (sports courts and boards)
– Shower doors and tub enclosures
– Overhead automatic doors
– Interior walls and partitions
– Electrically altered glass
– Display cases
– Curtain walls
– Aluminum storefronts, barrel vaults, solariums, commercial window systems
Major Work Area
Frame Fabrication and Installation
– Spandrel panel installations
– Curtain wall (prefabricated material)
– Curtain wall (stock length material)
– Aluminum framing members
Business Location: 219 – 11th Avenue East, Kindersley, SK S0L 1S0
Location of Work: Various sites in Kindersley and surrounding areaHow to Apply?: Send resume & references to the attention of Brett by email: email@example.com; fax: 306-463- 6162;
Kindersley Glass 2010 Ltd.
219 11TH AVENUE EAST
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org