We are looking for a Dishwasher to join our kitchen staff and maintain cleanliness around our restaurant.
Dishwasher responsibilities include collecting used dishes, plates and utensils, loading washing machines and stacking washed items appropriately. If you want to kickstart your career in the restaurant industry and be part of the behind-the-scenes operations, we’d like to meet you. Note that this role requires working in shifts and, occasionally, during evenings or weekends.
Ultimately, you’ll help provide an unforgettable dining experience for our customers.
Employer Name: Rock Creek Tap & Grill Wage/Salary Info: $11.45 to $12.00 hourly (to be negotiated) Location: REGINA Employment Terms: Casual Length of Employment: Casual, 10 to 20 hours per week Education: No Formal Education Experience: No Experience Application Closing Date: 16-Dec-2020
- Collect used kitchenware from dining and kitchen areas
- Load and unload dishwashing machines
- Wash specific items by hand (e.g. wooden cutting boards, large pots and delicate china)
- Store clean dishes, glasses and equipment appropriately
- Set up workstations before meal prep begins
- Ensure there are always enough clean dishes, glasses and utensils, especially during peak hours
- Maintain cleaning supplies stock (e.g. detergents) and place orders when necessary
- Check washing machines’ operation and promptly report any technical/performance issues
- Remove garbage regularly
- Sanitize the kitchen area, including the floor
- Work experience as a Dishwasher or on Wait Staff
- Hands-on experience with industrial washing machines
- Ability to follow instructions and help with various tasks, as needed
- Time management skills
- Attention to detail and sanitation rules
- Availability to work in shifts, during weekends and evenings
- High school diploma is a plus
- No degree, certificate or diploma
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Safe Food Handling certificate; Food Safety Certificate
- No experience
Counter Attendant and Food Preparer Skills Use manual and electrical appliances to clean, peel, slice and trim foodstuffs; Stock refrigerators and salad bars; Portion and wrap foods; Keep records of the quantities of food used; Prepare, heat and finish simple food items Dishwashing Skills Scour pots and pans; Sanitize and wash dishes and other items by hand; Clean and sanitize items such as dishwasher mats, carts and waste disposal units; Operate dishwashers to wash dishes, glassware and flatware; Place dishes in storage area Equipment and Machinery Experience Grill; Deep fryer; Conventional oven Weight Handling Up to 23 kg (50 lbs) Security and Safety Criminal record check Transportation/Travel Information Own transportation Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Repetitive tasks; Physically demanding; Standing for extended periods Personal Suitability Effective interpersonal skills; Team player; Client focus; Reliability Kitchen Helpers Skills Wash, peel and cut vegetables and fruit; Sharpen kitchen knives; Remove kitchen garbage and trash; Handle and store cleaning products; Clean and sanitize kitchen including work surfaces, cupboards, storage areas, appliances and equipment; Receive, unpack and store supplies in refrigerators, freezers, cupboards and other storage areas; Sweep, mop, wash and polish floors.
How to apply
3255 Quance St E
S4V 3B7 Between 11:00 AM and 07:00 PM
Rock Creek Tap & Grill