Margaret McNamara Educational Grants (MMEG) scholarship award applications for female candidates from developing nations is to aid women to achieve their education with the objective of enhancing the lives of these women and children. Awards will be used in schools in the United States and Canada.
The Margaret McNamara Educational Grants (MMEG) offers awards to women from developing countries to assist them to further their education and reinforce their leadership skills to enhance the lives of women and children in developing countries. Around $15,000 Education awards are awarded to women from developing and low and middle-income nations who, upon attainment of their degree, plan to return to or remain in their nations, or other developing nations, and work to enhance the lives of women and/or children.
The organization gains inspiration from Margaret McNamara, and her dream of education and gender equality. Margaret made use of her influence as the spouse of Robert McNamara, the World Bank’s fifth President, to campaign for the recognition and insertion of these crucial elements of development programs. Before her death, she was granted the highest civilian award in the United States, the Medal of Honor, in acknowledgment of her crucial contributions.
The Margaret McNamara Educational Grants (previously referred to as MMMF) is a non-profit, public charity established in 1981, which bestows education grants to excellent women from developing nations, who are at least 25 years of age, and registered at universities in the United States, Canada and some universities in South Africa and Latin America. You can find other scholarships and grants to help you pay for your study abroad here.
Brief Description of the Margaret McNamara Educational Grants
Scholarship Host: Margaret McNamara Educational Grants (MMEG
Scholarship Location: Canada and The United States
Worth of Scholarship: See below
Scholarship Type: Undergraduate
Country Eligibility: Developing Nations
Application Deadline: Annually
Worth of Margaret McNamara Educational Grants
The worth of this grant is approximately $15,000 per scholarship recipient. Also, note that the grant is a one-time award to last for the duration of the study
Qualification for the Margaret McNamara Educational Grants
Candidates must meet the following required criteria:
- Be at least 25 years old at the time of application deadline (see specific regional program application below);
- Be a national of a country listed on the MMEG Country Eligibility List;
- Be registered at a recognized academic institution when handing in your application; and plan to be registered for a full academic term after the provision of the grant by the Board;
- Not be related to a World Bank Group, International Monetary Fund, or Inter-American Development Bank staff member or spouse;
In addition to the general requirement, an applicant must:
- Before now be registered as a full-time candidate, with an applicable student visa in the national passport, and intend to continue studying full time in the following academic year;
- not possess US nationality or permanent residency (green card) or Canadian nationality or Canadian landed immigrant standing
Method of Application
Visit Margaret McNamara Educational Grants (MMEG) website on mmeg.embark.com to submit an application.
Make sure you go through the Application Checklist & FAQs before applying, and when applying (after creating an account), choose “US-Canada program” in the first question of the application. If the program name is not visible, the program may be closed to fresh applications.
The results will be publicized on their web page in early April. Successful candidates will be informed personally.
Also note that: Please make sure to submit ALL documents as stated. Only complete applications will be accepted.
visit the MMEG website for more information