Dalhousie University was founded in 1818. It is one of the prime universities of Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. The University is renowned for transforming higher education by integrating academic learning with research initiation. Presently, Dalhousie University offers more than 200 programs to students from over 115 countries. The programs comprise 147 undergraduate degrees and diplomas, 84 graduate programs, and seven professional programs.
Some of the popular Dalhousie University subjects include computer science, medicine, mechanical engineering, nursing, and business administration. There are three different streams of MBA at Dalhousie University, MBA in leadership, Financial Services, and Corporate Residency. These MBAs can be offered in a blended pattern, online, or face-to-face.
The university has a moderately difficult acceptance rate of 43%, and thus, getting admission into Dalhousie University is no cakewalk. The minimum average entering grades of first-year students is 87.6% which is a great indication of the fact that entering into this university is not easy and candidates need to perform better in their secondary school or previously pursued program.
Top Courses at Dalhousie University
The courses below also include their fees per annum.
- Master of Computer Science- $14,542
- M.Eng Mechanical Engineering- $14,542
- Bachelor of Computer Science- $16,833
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing- $17,505
- B.Com- $17,717
- Masters in Information Management- $30,942
- M.Sc Business- $14,542
- M.Eng Industrial Engineering- $14,542
- B.Com International Business- $17,717
- Bachelor of Management- $16,371
- B.B.A- Business Management- $16,372
- M.Eng Electrical and Computer Engineering- $14,542
- B.Sc Statistics- $17,003
- B.Eng Mechanical Engineering- $17,608
- B.Eng Chemical Engineering- $17,608
International Admissions at the University of Dalhousie
International students at Dalhousie University come from 115 different countries to pursue bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Financial support for international students is also available at the university. Please check below the admission details for international students.
For admissions to Dalhousie University, follow the below mentioned-process.
- Choose 3 programs that are preferred by you among the diverse list of programs the university offers.
- Once you’ve selected your preference, check whether you meet the general admission requirements as well as the English language proficiency for the programs.
- Complete the online application form by filling in your relevant details. You can also apply via offline mode and mail it to the registrar’s office.
- Pay the non-refundable application fee of 70 CAD.
- Mail your official transcripts at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visa Application Procedure
Foreign nationals who want to enroll for a course of duration longer than 6 months will require a study permit. Students from some countries will also need to apply for a Temporary Resident Visa. The below-mentioned documents are necessary while applying for a visa:
- A valid passport
- Acceptance Letter from Dalhousie
- Proof of funds for studying in Canada
- Proof of ties with your home country
Note: Since the Visa Application process may take several months, it is recommended that you
apply for the Visa Application as early as possible.
Undergraduate Admission at Dalhousie University
Undergraduate level courses at Dalhousie University include both diploma courses and bachelor degree program. The application process and academic requirements remain the same for all.
Method of Application? Students need to access Dal Online and create an admission ID & Pin.
Application Fee: 70 CAD (4,025 INR)
Basic Academic Requirements for Undergraduate Programs:
- Completion of secondary school or Grade 12.
- A minimum overall average of 70% in five academic grade 12 courses.
- At least 70% score in grade 12 English.
Graduate Admissions at Dalhousie University
Dalhousie University offers over 90 master’s degrees and 45 plus doctoral programs. Students can use the information given below to apply for graduate programs at Dalhousie University.
Basic Academic Requirements:
- 4 years of Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA in the final year of Bachelor’s degree.