The University of British Columbia is a public research university with campuses in Vancouver and Kelowna, British Columbia. Established in 1908, UBC is British Columbia’s oldest institution of higher learning.
The University of British Columbia (UBC) is a global center for teaching, learning, and research, consistently ranked among the top 20 public universities in the world and recently recognized as North America’s most international university.
Since 1915, our motto, Tuum Est (It is Yours), has been a declaration of our commitment to attracting and supporting those who have the drive to shape a better world. As a result, UBC students, faculty, and staff continue to embrace innovation and challenge the status quo, placing us at the forefront of discovery, learning, and engagement. UBC encourages bold thinking, curiosity, and initiative, so you can realize your greatest potential.
Constantly creating new learning opportunities in its 12 faculties and 2 academic schools, UBC provides 200 undergraduate and graduate courses to more than 50,000 students around the globe. The institute offers some unparalleled programs in the fields of Engineering, Medicine, Management, Geography, and Forestry, challenging the status quo at every step of its way. Having its Sauder School of Business and Vancouver School of Economics being compared to some of the ivy league universities makes it only more desirable.
University of British Columbia Top Courses
- M.Sc Computer Science- $6,582
- Master of Data Science- $6,582
- M.B.A- $62,447
- B.Com- $38,404
- B.Sc Nursing- $29,736
- M.Eng Mechanical Engineering- $16,632
- Master of Architecture- $34,445
- M.Eng Electrical and Computer Engineering- $16,634
- M.Sc Business Administration – Finance- $7,072
- M.Sc Chemical and Biological Engineering- $7,072
- M.ASc Civil Engineering- $7,072
- Master of Management- $38,079
- M.ASc Mechanical Engineering- $7,072
- Executive M.B.A- $45,325
- B.Sc Data Science- $32,204
The institute has two main campuses located in Vancouver and the Okanagan Valley. The main campus in Vancouver is near several beaches and boasts views over the North Shore mountains. There are a number of botanical and memorial gardens on campus as well as a renowned performing arts center.
UBC’s Vancouver campus is situated in more than 400 hectares at a location 30-minute bus ride to the heart of downtown Vancouver.
The campus has two additional sites: UBC Robson Square and Great Northern Way
- Home to some excellent facilities, including:
- The Centre for Interactive Research in Sustainability (CIRS);
- Museum of Anthropology, Canada’s largest teaching museum;
- UBC Botanical Garden and Centre for Plant Research.
- Out of 54,863 students on the campus, 28.1% of the population is international students.
UBC Programs and Faculties
Vancouver Campus of the university offers more than 300 bachelor programs and 331 graduate degree programs around its 12 faculties and 2 schools. The faculties are home to thousands of students and are reputed for different reasons.
While its faculties of Computer Science, Economics, Geography, Education and Forestry have maintained its reputation around the world, the university is also home to some of the brilliant schools like Sauder School of Business and Peter A. Allard School of law. Some of the major courses favored by international aspirants of the university include computer Science, Management, Geography, Forestry, Education, International relations, among others.
The online application for admission at the institute opens in early September and closes in mid-January for international students. Admissions decisions for most degrees are taken by April or early May. Prospective international students should be ready with the following documents before applying to the university:
- All Official transcripts.
- Letter of Recommendations.
- Statement of Purpose/ Statement of Intent.
- English Language Proficiency test scores like TOEFL, IELTS, or equivalent.
Method of Application
- Select your preferred programs from the diverse list of courses and campuses.
- Check the general and specific admission requirements including English language proficiency.
- Submit the completed application with the specified non-refundable fee of 89 USD.
- Keep updated with incoming emails for admission-related updates and wait for an offer of a place.