York University offers admissions in over 200 diverse degree programs to applicants coming from around 178 countries across the continents. Having a reputation as one of the best higher education institutes in Canada, admission to its various courses for international students is available in the 3 seasonal intakes of winter, summer, and fall. Every year, the university reviews more than 50,000 applications and sends an offer of a place within 2 months of processing all decisions.
Having renowned schools like Schulich School of Business and Osgoode Hall to its credit, the business and law programs offered at the university are highly competitive in nature and require an average entering grade of 90% and above in high school. Where its Engineering program considers applications with only 85+, its computer science and digital media on the other hand are quite flexible to get into with a mere average percentage of 75 and above and are thus highly coveted among international aspirants seeking to study in Canada.
As per the annual employment reports of 2019, 93% of graduates from York University were employed within 2 years of completing their degrees. This not only makes the institute a popular name in the academic world but also reflects the volume it holds in the economic sector to help you land one of the popular high-paying jobs in Canada. Thus, making enrollment at the university a profitable quest.
Note: The university recommends international students apply to the university as soon as possible since the processing may delay due to the pandemic situation. The institute will communicate all admission-related information queries and information via its official website. Students can raise their queries by emailing them to email@example.com or by taking online appointments.
York University Top Programs
These programs are listed with their fees per annum.
- Master of Science [M.Sc] Computer Science- $14,118
- Master of Business Administration [M.B.A]- $39,030
- Master of Applied Science [M.ASc] Mechanical Engineering- $15,750
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Computer Science- $21,327
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing [B.S.N]- $22,121
- Master of Finance [M.Fin]- $57,138
- Master of Arts [M.A] Economics- $14,118
- Master Human Resources Management- $21,292
- Bachelor of Business Administration [B.B.A]- $24,660
- Bachelor of Engineering [B.Eng] Civil Engineering- $26,564
- Bachelor of Engineering [B.Eng] Electrical Engineering- $26,564
- Master of Design [M.Des]- $27,638
- Bachelor of Engineering [B.Eng] Computer Engineering- $26,564
- Master of Science [M.Sc] Digital Media- $14,118
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] Biotechnology- $22,121
Admission Deadlines at York University
Students are required to submit their application, required documents and information by the dates given below. Students are encouraged to submit their applications early to receive full consideration for desired programs. As programs may close before the deadline, admission to a particular course or program is not guaranteed.
Start of Session: Fall (September)
Application Deadline: January 15
Start of Session: Summer (May)
Application Deadline: February 15
Start of Session: Winter (January)
Application Deadline: October 15
York University International Admissions
International students who want to seek admissions at York University can follow the below-mentioned application process:
Admission Portal: Apply online at the official website.
Application Fee: 114 USD.
Basic Academic Requirement: High-School Certificate.
York University Admission Process
- Choose a program of choice, view the mandatory requirements and apply online at the official website.
- Submit the official academic transcripts.
- Provide TOEFL/IELTS or equivalent test scores.
- Submit Citizenship and Immigration Documents.
- Letter of Recommendation (LOR) for Canada
- Mature Students (20 years of age or older) must also provide other mandatory documents including
- postsecondary transcripts, resume, personal letter (one-two page), documents for any previous
- academic performance, among others.
- Submit the completed applications and track them via MyFile.